Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Are you a morning or evening exerciser?

I gotta be honest. I don't consider myself a morning person. In fact, going back to high school, any time I decided that I was going to start a morning workout program, it crashed and burned as quickly as it started. I have always heard that working out in the morning will give you more energy throughout the day. But my experiences have always been otherwise. I would wake up at 5:30am, and go for a run. By 11:00am, or certainly after lunch, I would be ready to hit snooze a few times.

So, my schedule is such that I carpool with my fiancee to work a couple of days per week, although our hours are different. She starts her day at 6:30am. My day starts with the living at around 8:00am. Normally, I get about an extra hour of Zzzz in the car before hitting the office. I decided last week that I could make better use of that time by hitting the gym.

For the first time in my life, the morning workout delivered all those wild benefits that I had heard so much about. I didn't need two stiff cups of coffee to start the day, I had an apple and some cereal for breakfast and felt great.

So, this will be part of my routine. Twice per week, I will workout in the morning. Of course, this will not take away from my evening workouts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually work out around 10AM or so. I like to work out in the morning, and have trouble sleeping if I work out past about 5PM..
Keep up the progress... great to see!

Anonymous said...

Nice article!

D said...

great blog. I’m on a diet right now, so this really helps

http://f07928-c3omazme8bd-bkbnh0u.hop.clickbank.net/

Pounds Reduction Techniques said...

I note that you talk a lot in you then I will board a better video that is what I think it will be better thank you