Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Time To Lose The Gut

Hola folks. My name is LA Money Guy. No, it's not my real name. My parents have a sense of humor, but thankfully also some sense. It's my blog name. I have been running a personal finance blog called It's Just Money. I have found that weight loss and saving money are very similar. They are both very simple. Spend less than you make. Eat fewer calories than you expend. Unfortunately, they are both far from easy.

Emotions, psychology, discipline, will power, education, routine, lifestyle. These are all important factors in both. For nearly a year, I have documented my life as it pertains to my personal finances. I have made mistakes with my money along the way, but continue to learn and share with readers. At the end of each month, I gave an update on where my net worth stood. Some months, I increased it substantially and proudly reported the results. Other months, I struggled to keep moving in the right direction.

I hope reporting on my life as it pertains to my waist line, rather than my bottom line, will also keep me aware of both my mistakes and my progress.

I have gotten to know a group of personal finance bloggers along the way. They have provided support, mutual education, and motivation. Again, I hope to find a similar community here.

I will likely post a couple of times per week. Please feel free to post or to email me. I am at lamoneyguy (at) gmail.com.

Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's your starting weight? What is your waist measurement? What is your goal weight?

LAMoneyGuy said...

Okay, fair question. I'm 5'6", about 182 lbs, 35 inch waist. I'm going to buy a scale this weekend that measures body fat as well. I would also like to set a body fat goal.

My overall goal weight is 155 lbs. But a healthy 155. I would like to put on more muscle mass, and build my stamina.

Jimmy Moore said...

Hey lamoneyguy,

I just wanted to drop in and wish you well in your weight loss and body fat goals. YOU CAN DO IT!

Congratulations on doing this the right way with the right perspective. Putting on muscle and building stamina is a GREAT goal for you and I urge you to stay focused on that throughout.

I'm proud of you, buddy, and wish you all the best. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Take care!

Jimmy Moore, author of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb"
LivinLaVidaLowCarb.com
livinlowcarbman@charter.net
Podcast: TheLivinLowCarbShow.com